Slowing down, again...
Somehow Summer is suddenly here. Yesterday was ninety degrees and today will be ninety five. Seasons come and go yet I measure time in progress, ideas and physical representations of these. Here's a quick recap of the past two years...
Summer 2009 - delayed moving back to Nevada when 2011ITG Minneapolis was announced
Winter 2009 - moved into new 4000 sqft shop space in Minneapolis, needed room for larger machinery
Summer 2010 - installed new machining center, began reading the manual to learn new programming
Autumn 2010 - finished building new modular fixture/jig system and began cutting HT parts
- built first SWE tuning slide milled from two solid brass bars
- moved production of following parts to new machining center:
- elliptical & ergonomic finger rings
- Bravura, Summit, HT3/4/5 braces
- mouthpiece receivers for all instruments
- all custom milling & engraving
- new jigs and fixtures used with other production techniques
- prototyped bracing for new Bravura Flugel coming summer 2011
Winter 2010 - completed 5th generation revision of SWE tuning slides for Summit trumpet and 2nd generation SWE tuning slides for Gravity. Seven generations total in around 6 months accounts for the majority of my time this period. Learned new software to increase artistic production limits.
Spring 2011 - Designed & Built latest Summit Art Nouveau (major undertaking), Summit ONE, built first SWE leadpipe (2 milled bars), created dovetail magnetic lock leadpipe and bell system to be introduced in new demo trumpets being built this summer, dovetail modular finger ring system, showed progress at ITG in Minneapolis, which was a huge success and a ton of fun!
Summer 2011 - since summer just started, I'm not really sure how things will go, but my goals include:
- build first SWE bell for Elliptiphone
- introduce SWE tuning slides for Bach trumpets
- debut new Bravura Flugelhorn
- debut new Bravura piccolo (4-valve)
- debut Summit M, incorporates dovetail modular leadpipe system
- take delivery of second machining center equipped with rotary 4th axis
So I guess it is summer, maybe I'll take my boat out this weekend!
ELLIOTT NESS EPPERSON
6/22/2011 04:59:46 am
HEY MAN CATCH A COUPLE OF BIG ONES
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Inventor, Musician, Educator and Founder of Harrelson Trumpets, Trumpet Momentum and Harrelson Momentum.