mouthpiece cup variations
5MM Cups Shapes
A - original brand shapes (OEM)
C - Compression - adds clarity to attacks
D - Extra Compression - yes, more attack
T - Triple Cup - improves attack, darkens tone
V - Less Bowl - reduces attack, darkens tone
5MM Cup options: Trumpet, Cornet, Flugelhorn
Choose from 19 Cup depths in 5 distinct shapes to fine tune tone, attack, response and comfort. In a matter of seconds, you can replace your Cup with a size somewhere between where you've been and where you want to go!
How do I choose a Cup?
1) Find your size on the chart below
2) Choose original shape/depth (A) or a custom shape and any depth
3) The system is logical, your Cup diameter should match the Rim diameter
4) Cup depth Letter value should match the Throat Letter value
Harrelson 5MM vs. Standard mouthpiece - Depth Comparison
A = extremely shallow
C = Schilke A cup or Bach E cup
D = Bach D cup
F = Bach C cup
H = Bach B cup
J+ = Flugel depth
How do I order a specific size like a 3C?
1) Choose Rim 812.614, which is in the same row as the 3 diameter
2) Choose Cup 614FA, equivalent to a C cup
3) Choose Throat F145.21, equivalent to a standard 3 Throat
4) Choose Backbore 21.35, equivalent to a standard 3 Backbore
5) Choose your Body style
6) Choose your Nut style
You want to order a different size? See the comprehensive cross reference chart below or just ask us and we'll get you started on your 5MM in a matter of minutes.
Need help with sizes and options? We're here to help. Call us at 303.657.2747 or email email@example.com to discuss your needs with our expert team.
Understanding Size options
Diameter - 3-digit number, inside diameter measured at top (same size or larger than your Rim diameter)
Depth - first letter, must match throat letter designation
Shape - 5 standard variations available (see details above)
5MM Cups In Depth Review