I often wonder what people are thinking when I respond to their question, "so how have you been?" I respond with, "there's so much happening..." and ramble on about a dozen different projects and ideas I'm currently exploring, building or planning. Do they realize I eat, sleep, dream and work trumpet? Aside from the occasional walk with Oscar (my shop dog), I rarely stop to think about anything unrelated to trumpets. I take breaks to play trumpet, that's my way of getting my mind off of trumpet! And my closest friends often warn that it is too much and not healthy. Hmm...I've been this way since 2001 and as far as I can tell, I'm still addicted to building them!
I have many topics planned for upcoming blog sessions, but have to run out the shop floor in a few minutes. Here's a quick outline of future topics:
- New Orleans, my first home, thoughts on my latest visit for Satchmo Fest
- Performance breakthroughs, understanding how and why we evolve when we don't practice
- Modern machining & machines will change our industry forever, how I will evolve the trumpet, mouthpiece and bell designs in the coming months using a new amazing cnc machine and the very best software
- The future vision of HT, where I thought I'd be, where I want to be and how I'll get there
- Montana, the west and living in the real world, my thoughts on desk jobs and the office sector of society
- Taco bell or McDonald's, my exploration of how to enjoy fast food when you cut eating time out of life
Keep your eyes on our Harrelson Trumpets Facebook page for photos of FOUR new Summit Art trumpets!