All the final details are coming together for the Louisiana Purchase Auction through Neal Auction Company. It looks like we'll be heading down on Thursday, November 15th in time for the preview. Which will also allow us some time to catch up with clients and friends in New Orleans.
Here are the bidding details:
How to Bid?
Saturday, November 17, 2012
LOT #: 375
Bidding may be executed in the following four ways:
LIVE - In Person Bid: Neal Auction Company, 4038 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70115
LIVE - Online Bid:
1. Log on to the Neal Auction website: www.nealauction.com
2. Select “Bid Live” on the right hand side of the homepage
3. All first time bidders with the gallery must submit the “Online Bidding Approval Form,” which can be found at
the top this screen
4. Select the “Live Auctioneers” icon and you will be redirected to their website: http://www.liveauctioneers.com
5. Register on “Live Auctioneers” by selecting “Create Account” in the top right hand corner of the screen
• All online bidders must register and be approved to bid 24 hours prior to the start of the auction
6. Once you receive approval , you will be sent an email with a link to sign in on “Live Auctioneers”
7. Sign into “Live Auctioneers” and type in Harrelson Satchmo Trumpet in the search box
8. Select the Harrelson Satchmo Trumpet and follow the directions on the screen
Absentee - Online Bid:
An absentee bid is a flat bid, a onetime bid, left by someone unable to attend the auction.
1. To make an absentee bid, select “Submit Bids” on the home page of the Neal Auction website:
2. Approve the Terms & Conditions/Conditions Of Sale by selecting “I Agree”
3. Follow the directions on the Absentee screen
• All arrangements for bidding should be made as early as possible by filling out the “Confidential
4. You will receive a confirmation of the receipt of your bid via email
A phone bid is a flat bid, a onetime bid, left by someone unable to attend the auction.
• Call: (504) 899-5329
* All absentee bids and/or telephone bids should be into the gallery by 5 P.M. the day prior to the auction. Neal Auction
may not be able to properly execute the bids received after that time. If you have any questions – please contact
Michelle LeBlanc Leckert at 504-899-5329 (email@example.com).
This letter of authentication will also accompany the trumpet as well:
October 22, 2012
Neal Auction Company, Inc.
4038 Magazine Street
New Orleans LA 70115
Dear Neal Auction Company,
This letter is to certify that I am the maker of this instrument which is only trumpet of its kind ever to be built. The Harrelson “Satchmo” Summit Nouveau model was designed to commemorate Louis Armstrong and the spirit of New Orleans. The Satchmo Trumpet was designed to be the ultimate musical piece of Louis Armstrong Art, and exhibits a broad vocal sound reminiscent of Louis' actual voice.
As with all of my instruments I offer a lifetime guarantee on workmanship.
Harrelson Satchmo Trumpet Features
Leadpipe 4 - medium open airflow, vibrant tonal character
Bell 7 - 5.5" diameter, broad semi-diffused projection pattern
SWE Tuning Slide with New Orleans Watermeter custom cut from solid brass
SWE Leadpipe featuring Fleur de lis in the mouthpiece receiver
Transcription of Louis Armstrong's trumpet solo on "A Kiss to Build a Dream On" cut along leadpipe
Black Onyx inlays in receiver
Nouveau Nautilus themed top bracing cut from solid brass billet
"Lagniappe" milled in top brace
Multiple Finger Button inlays included with trumpet in Blue, Purple, Green & Black Onyx
We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about the trumpet, the donation or the auction. Just give us a call at 651-330-7774 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Bidding... see you at the auction :) ~ jen
I am the PR, Advertising, Marketing, Web and Social mind at Harrelson Trumpets. When I am not at work- I paint: