Save $50 on Mouthpiece Gap Solution Kit
Enter Promo Code SAVE50
This Set Includes:
- Venturi Measurement Tool (which is also the shim installation/removal tool)
- Gap Measurement Tool
- A Set of Gap Shims
- installation and removal instructions complete with graphics and video
- links to Jason Harrelson's blog detailing the research, development and science behind closing mouthpiece gap
The Venturi Measurement Tool (VMT) allowing you to easily identify your Venturi inside diameter in .003" increments from .337" to .352". The VMT also holds a full set of gap shims (sold separately) that unscrew from the base and the small end doubles as a shim kit installation and removal tool.
The Gap Measurement Tool will allow you to determine the current gap of any standard trumpet and mouthpiece.
Understanding Mouthpiece Gap options often holds the potential to make your least favorite horn one of the best you've ever played.
Purpose: Reducing the Gap between the mouthpiece and leadpipe could dramatically improve the playability of your current trumpet setup.
How to achieve optimum Gap:
- 1) Measure your current gap with the INCLUDED Gap Measurement Tool
- 2) Determine your target gap - usually .060 to .100 inches
- 3) Medium & Wide Gap: Insert appropriate gap shim inside the receiver with the Venturi Measurement Tool (sold separately)
- 4) Narrow Gap: Some players may also find they would like to reduce length of mouthpiece shank